Our skin is the body’s largest organ and accounts for roughly 18% of an adult’s weight.it gives protective outer layer that keeps in moisture and keeps safe our skin from infections.
The best way to maintain healthy skin is to drink plenty of water every day. Wrinkles, age spots, and leathery patches are all the result of skin damage from overexposure to ultraviolet radiation from the sun. As we age, skin becomes dryer and thinner. Stress, gravity, and obesity also contribute to aging skin.
Photoaging are so common nowadays. Photoaging occurs when ultraviolet radiation penetrates deep into the dermis, damaging collagen fibers and causing the increased production of abnormal elastin. This leads to deep wrinkles, fine lines, discoloration of the skin (age or liver spots) and sagging skin.
Anti-Aging Treatments :Here is a wide range of options for slowing down the affects of aging on the skin.
- Chemical peels
- Laser Resurfacing
These are the best treatment available in the dermatologist world now a days.
Conclusion is that a healthy skin care routine throughout life can reduce the symptoms of aging in the skin. Be sure :
- Wash your face using a gentle cleanser twice a day.
- Exfoliate the skin twice a week to remove dead cells.
- Apply a moisturizer to skin immediately after a shower or bath.
- Wear sunscreen with a SPF 50 and more .
- For women who wear makeup, be sure to leave time each day when the skin is clean and free of makeup.
- Do not use tanning beds.
- Maintain a healthy diet and drink lots of water.
- Get an adequate amount of sleep every day.
- Quit smoking.
- Avoid stress.
- Conduct a monthly self-examination of your skin to detect any changes that might lead to cancer.
- See your dermatologist once a year.